Early this morning, Facebook quietly activated Timeline for Facebook Pages allowing your brand to create a more robust and visually appealing landing page similar to Timeline for Facebook profiles launched a few months ago. Timeline will have a minor affect on your tabs and applications; but, has many new benefits too. However, keep in mind that Newsfeed is still tremendously more important for engaging your consumers than your new landing page.
You’ll get best results for your “cover” photo if it is 850×315 (pixels) or larger. Facebook will not allow a “call to action” in your cover photo; i.e. no pricing, opt-in, like our page, free download, or the like. You’ll see best results for your “headshot” photo if it is at least 150×150 pixels. Here are some other links you may find helpful as you convert your brand page to the new Timeline. For specific recommendations, advice, or help converting to Timeline just call me at 317-496-7268.
- Facebook To Roll Out Timeline For Pages In Upcoming Weeks (thegeeksclub.com)
- Facebook Timeline Brand Pages Are Here [PICS] (mashable.com)
- All Facebook Business Pages WIll Go to Timeline on March 30 (marketingpilgrim.com)
- New Facebook Page Timelines Are Here (socialfresh.com)
- Facebook Opens Timeline To All Biz Pages, Mandatory After 30 Days Of Curation (techcrunch.com)
- Facebook’s Timeline Expanded To Brand Pages (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Facebook Timeline for Pages: Which Brands Will Win and Lose? (mashable.com)
- Facebook launches brand Timelines on TODAY show (digitallife.today.msnbc.msn.com)
- Facebook Timeline for brands unveiled (techradar.com)
- Facebook Brings Timeline (And A New Admin Panel) To Brand Pages (pandodaily.com)
- Timeline for Brands: How to Prepare for Your Company’s New Facebook Page (mashable.com)